Understanding How Association Members Live Is Important to Effective HOA Management
A homeowner association’s work is never done, and each year brings new HOA management concerns – on top of community maintenance and regulation. Yet, it is essential to stay up-to-date on current trends affecting members including the following five in order to best fulfill community needs.
- Recent years have brought an influx of renters across the USA, with Los Angeles ranking highest in the percentage of renters per city. Yet, their lack of familiarity with HOA management can make it difficult to draft and enforce regulations.
- Simultaneously, residents are increasingly looking for more lifestyle programming, from seasonal parties to wine tastings. There is also greater value placed on communal spaces for socializing like coffee bars, reading rooms, and athletic courts.
- One of the most common lifestyle needs for residents, renters or otherwise, is pet care. With nearly 40 percent of California households owning at least one dog, HOAs are tasked with providing on-site amenities like daycare and grooming.
- Another important development has been cloud computing. Such technological upgrades, which include off-site file storage and maintenance, allow for savings on hardware and personnel costs. In the process, HOA management can take advantage of easier recovery and global access, as well.
- Perhaps the most momentous trend has been a shift to mobile communication. Apps and websites, in particular, ease and allow more uniform enforcement of HOA guidelines. At the same time, apps also automate property inspection and other actions – making the management process more effective and more cost-efficient.
Managing residential communities means keeping up with neighborhood needs, especially in regulating events, activities, and difficulties. More than other trends, mobile computing is specifically having a powerful effect upon HOA management. Although they require greater protection, these technologies are even helping homeowner associations themselves keep up with social changes and new neighborly needs.
About Asyst Data Group Inc
The Asyst Data Group created and maintain the most powerful HOA management software suite on the market. Asyst6 is an all-in-one product aimed at streamlining all aspects of the management of CIDs, HOAs, and other forms of property management. A modular approach allows each client to custom-build a version of Asyst6 that meets their specific management needs, while always remaining inside a single easy-to-use windowed interface that requires no specific skills or training to utilize.
For more information or press inquiries, visit http://myasyst.com/ or contact (949) 250-0110.